Being gifted and talented but also African American makes children double minorities, and the issues they face can be different from those faced by most other gifted children. Course fee does not include the book, which is available from Great Potential Press.
Author(s): Joy Lawson Davis, Ed.D.
Being gifted and talented but also African American makes children double minorities, and the issues they face can be different from those faced by most other gifted children. This book provides helpful insights and guidelines for the parenting and education of Black gifted children. In addition to the challenges that are frequently experienced by many gifted children, such as underachievement and idealism, Black gifted children often must also deal with issues like discrimination and low expectations of them.
Upon completing this home study course, you will be able to:
- Empower & enlighten parents, families, educators & communities
- Improve understandings of the unique intellectual and socio-emotional challenges faced by African American Learners in today’s schools
- Introduce and enable discussion of the systemic issues surrounding underachievement of culturally diverse students
- Increase the rate of referrals and identification culturally diverse students to Gifted Education & Other Advanced Learner Programs
Course fee does not include the book, which is available from Great Potential Press.
Accredited by: American Psychological Association
Exam details: 40 multiple choice questions
Bright, Talented & Black: A Guide for Families of African American Gifted...
SENG is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education courses for psychologists. SENG maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Continuing Education Home Study Courses
Home Study Courses completed at your own pace wil better prepare you to serve the gifted community. This SENG Home Study Course has been developed from leading resources on aspects of giftedness.
NOTE: Exams and books are sold separately. This purchase is for exam grading and credit verification for your independent home study course.
- After you purchase this exam, order the book using the corresponding links in the course descriptions.
- The exam and evaluation form may be completed and returned to SENG via fax to (844) 433-SENG (7364). It can also be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 7-10 business days for processing.
SENG Members are eligible for a 25% discount for home-study courses. If you need information on how to apply your discount, please email us at office@SENGifted.org. Become a member.
Documentation of CE Credit
- Successful completion of course is achieved by correctly obtaining 80% or higher on exam.
- Individuals who score lower than 80% on the first attempt may retake the exam.
- The documentation of CE Credit will be provided via email. In order to receive credit you must return the completed exam and evaluation form. A printable CE Certificate will be attached to confirmation of passing grade.
Please note that to protect the integrity of the Home Study exams, SENG does not provide corrected answers for submitted exams.
NOTE: Each state has different requirements for licensure. A summary of these requirements can be found in the Handbook of Licensing and Certification Requirements for Psychologists in the United Stated and Canada, which is published by the Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards (ASPPB). For more information visit the ASPPB Website. You can also contact your State’s Board of Psychology for information. For information on co-sponsoring CE Workshops in your area, contact the SENG Office at 844-488-SENG (7364).
There are no refunds on Home Study exams.