There is a hidden population of special needs children – the gifted and talented – and their teachers, parents, and other professionals are often not well equipped to respond to their unique academic and developmental needs.
Author(s): Steven I. Pfeiffer, editor
Upon completing this home study course, you will be able to:
- Describe the major conceptions of giftedness
- Apply best practices in gifted identification
- Explain why certain characteristics of the gifted increase their risk/vulnerability
- Create a comprehensive treatment plan for a gifted child with social, emotional or behavioral problems
- Predict which gifted children are at risk for educational underachievement/failure
- Compare the different curriculum and instruction designed for the gifted
- Utilize a family systems model in counseling the gifted child with psychiatric problems
- Write a multi-dimensional treatment plan for a gifted child in counseling
- Describe how introversion and shyness may develop in gifted children
- Describe and discuss multi-potentiality
The course fee does not include the book. Order it directly from Springer Publishing for a 20% discount.
Accredited by: American Psychological Association
Exam details: 60 multiple choice, true/false questions
Psycho-Educational Theory, Research, and Best Practices
There are no refunds on Continuing Education courses.
SENG is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education courses for psychologists. SENG maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Continuing Education Home Study Courses
Home Study Courses completed at your own pace wil better prepare you to serve the gifted community. This SENG Home Study Course has been developed from leading resources on aspects of giftedness.
NOTE: Exams and books are sold separately. This purchase is for exam grading and credit verification for your independent home study course.
- After you purchase this exam, order the book using the corresponding links in the course descriptions.
- The exam and evaluation form may be completed and returned to SENG via fax to (844) 433-SENG (7364). It can also be scanned and emailed to email@example.com. Please allow 7-10 business days for processing.
SENG Members are eligible for a 25% discount for home-study courses. If you need information on how to apply your discount, please email us at office@SENGifted.org. Become a member.
Documentation of CE Credit
Successful completion of course is achieved by correctly obtaining 80% or higher on exam.
Individuals who score lower than 80% on the first attempt may retake the exam.
The documentation of CE Credit will be provided via email. In order to receive credit you must return the completed exam and evaluation form. A printable CE Certificate will be attached to confirmation of passing grade.
Please note that to protect the integrity of the Home Study exams, SENG does not provide corrected answers for submitted exams.
NOTE: Each state has different requirements for licensure. A summary of these requirements can be found in the Handbook of Licensing and Certification Requirements for Psychologists in the United Stated and Canada, which is published by the Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards (ASPPB). For more information visit the ASPPB Website. You can also contact your State’s Board of Psychology for information. For information on co-sponsoring CE Workshops in your area, contact the SENG Office at 844-488-SENG (7364).