This is a general introduction of the high-level issues associated with identifying and counseling gifted youth. The essay will accompany the exam and evaluation form.
Author(s): Steven I. Pfeiffer, Ph.D., ABPP
This is a general introduction of the high-level issues associated with identifying and counseling gifted youth.
Upon reading this essay you will:
- Understand definitional issues which contribute to the misunderstanding of the gifted.
- Obtain information on prevalence estimates for the gifted.
- Learn about the most common characteristics of the gifted.
- Gain an understanding about the twice exceptional — the gifted with a mental health disorder.
- Learn about the most common parental concerns and questions asked of professionals about their gifted child.
The essay will accompany the exam and evaluation form.
Accredited by: American Psychological Association
Exam details: 6 true/false questions
Publication details: The American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Vol. 48; Number 8; August 2009.
The Gifted: Clinical Challenges for Child Psychiatry
There are no refunds on Continuing Education courses.
SENG is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education courses for psychologists. SENG maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Continuing Education Home Study Courses
Home Study Courses completed at your own pace wil better prepare you to serve the gifted community. This SENG Home Study Course has been developed from leading resources on aspects of giftedness.
NOTE: Exams and books are sold separately. This purchase is for exam grading and credit verification for your independent home study course.
- After you purchase this exam, order the book using the corresponding links in the course descriptions.
- The exam and evaluation form may be completed and returned to SENG via fax to (844) 433-SENG (7364). It can also be scanned and emailed to email@example.com. Please allow 7-10 business days for processing.
SENG Members are eligible for a 25% discount for home-study courses. If you need information on how to apply your discount, please email us at office@SENGifted.org. Become a member.
Documentation of CE Credit
- Successful completion of course is achieved by correctly obtaining 80% or higher on exam.
- Individuals who score lower than 80% on the first attempt may retake the exam.
- The documentation of CE Credit will be provided via email. In order to receive credit you must return the completed exam and evaluation form. A printable CE Certificate will be attached to confirmation of passing grade.
Please note that to protect the integrity of the Home Study exams, SENG does not provide corrected answers for submitted exams.
NOTE: Each state has different requirements for licensure. A summary of these requirements can be found in the Handbook of Licensing and Certification Requirements for Psychologists in the United Stated and Canada, which is published by the Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards (ASPPB). For more information visit the ASPPB Website. You can also contact your State’s Board of Psychology for information. For information on co-sponsoring CE Workshops in your area, contact the SENG Office at 844-488-SENG (7364).