Worry, fear, and anxiety are common, yet often quiet “monsters” which have significant negative effects on a child’s academic achievement, social and emotional functioning, and self-esteem. Course fee does not include the book, which is available from Great Potential Press.
Author(s): Dan Peters, Ph.D.
Worry, fear, and anxiety are common, yet often quiet “monsters” which have significant negative effects on a child’s academic achievement, social and emotional functioning, and self-esteem. Due to their various sensitivities and advanced thinking, gifted and twice-exceptional (2e) children are often vulnerable to, and impacted by, anxiety. Teaching children about how anxiety and fear works in their brains, and multiple strategies and tools to fight their fear and worry can greatly reduce their worry and fear and improve their engagement in life.
Upon completing this home study course, you will be able to:
- Identify the components of the brain and body responsible for the fear response;
- Identify the characteristics of gifted and twice-exceptional (2e) youth that make them more susceptible to anxiety;
- Identify symptoms and behaviors associated with different types of anxiety;
- Recognize role of thinking in determining emotions and behavior;
- Apply cognitive (thinking) and behavioral (doing) strategies for managing and overcoming anxiety; and
- Develop creative anxiety reduction and management plans for children and students.
Course fee does not include the book, which is available from Great Potential Press.
Accredited by: American Psychological Association
Exam details: 40 multiple chose and true/false questions
Make Your Worrier a Warrior: A Guide to Conquering Your Child’s Fears
There are no refunds on Continuing Education courses.
SENG is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education courses for psychologists. SENG maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Continuing Education Home Study Courses
Home Study Courses completed at your own pace wil better prepare you to serve the gifted community. This SENG Home Study Course has been developed from leading resources on aspects of giftedness.
NOTE: Exams and books are sold separately. This purchase is for exam grading and credit verification for your independent home study course.
- After you purchase this exam, order the book using the corresponding links in the course descriptions.
- The exam and evaluation form may be completed and returned to SENG via fax to (844) 433-SENG (7364). It can also be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 7-10 business days for processing.
SENG Members are eligible for a 25% discount for home-study courses. If you need information on how to apply your discount, please email us at office@SENGifted.org. Become a member.
Documentation of CE Credit
- Successful completion of course is achieved by correctly obtaining 80% or higher on exam.
- Individuals who score lower than 80% on the first attempt may retake the exam.
- The documentation of CE Credit will be provided via email. In order to receive credit you must return the completed exam and evaluation form. A printable CE Certificate will be attached to confirmation of passing grade.
Please note that to protect the integrity of the Home Study exams, SENG does not provide corrected answers for submitted exams.
NOTE: Each state has different requirements for licensure. A summary of these requirements can be found in the Handbook of Licensing and Certification Requirements for Psychologists in the United Stated and Canada, which is published by the Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards (ASPPB). For more information visit the ASPPB Website. You can also contact your State’s Board of Psychology for information. For information on co-sponsoring CE Workshops in your area, contact the SENG Office at 844-488-SENG (7364).