SENG is approved by the
to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. SENG maintains responsibility for this program
and its content. SENG is a non-profit organization and does not receive any commercial support for these offerings*
SENG’s Continuing Education program provides affordable, accredited home-study courses, workshops at annual and mini-conferences, and SENGinars.
Earn credit from your home, work at your own pace and prepare to better serve the gifted community. The SENG Home Study Courses are developed from leading resource books on aspects of giftedness. Information on each course is provided in the individual course. Exams and books are sold separately.
HOW TO ORDER
1.Purchase the exam through the SENG Store.
2. Once a course is purchased, one must then purchase the books separately. Gifted Unlimited sells them (www.giftedunlimitedllc.com) or elsewhere. The only exception is The Gifted: Clinical Challenges for Child Psychiatry which is a chapter that we will send you via email@example.com
3. Once read, send an email to Dr. Michael Postma at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will forward you a copy of each examination which you are to complete on your own time.
4. Once completed, you will send back the exams sheet(s) to Dr.Postma for grading (80% is passing).
5. He will then send an APA certificate of completion for each course completed.
DOCUMENTING CE CREDITS
Successful completion of course is achieved by correctly obtaining 80% or higher on exam.
Individuals who score lower than 80% on the first attempt may retake the exam.
The documentation of CE Credit will be provided via email. In order to receive credit you must return the completed exam and evaluation form. A printable CE certificate will be attached to confirmation of passing grade.
To protect the integrity of the Home Study exams, SENG does not provide corrected answers for submitted exams.
There is a great need for professionals with training in aspects of giftedness.
* Each state has different requirements for licensure. A summary of these requirements can be found in the Handbook of Licensing and Certification Requirements for Psychologists in the United Stated and Canada, which is published by the Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards (ASPPB). For more information visit the ASPPB Website. You can also contact your State’s Board of Psychology for information.
If you are a mental health professional, you may be eligible to be listed in our Mental Health Provider Directory. This helps providers advertise services and connects people with professionals who have training in gifted, talented, and 2e issues.
To be eligible, you must first complete at least four SENG Continuing Education courses (or other significant professional training) for serving the gifted, talented, and/or 2e population. Then, apply for listing by completing the Listing Request Form.