The Gifted Parenting Journey addresses a previously neglected topic in the literature: the needs and emotional lives of parents of gifted and twice-exceptional children. This book guides parents toward achieving greater confidence and self-awareness related to parenting these complex children, and offers clinicians and educators a unique perspective on the parents’ role in shaping their gifted child’s development. The latest research, theory, and clinical wisdom are combined to explore the cognitive and psychosocial aspects of giftedness, effective parenting strategies, and the specific challenges associated with raising and educating a gifted or twice-exceptional child.
Upon completing this home study course, you will be able to:
- Identify various definitions of giftedness and how gifted children are viewed and identified as gifted
- Understand barriers to gifted identification in the schools and how under-identification affects gifted children
- Understand social/emotional characteristics common among the gifted, including the role of asynchronous development, overexcitabilities, and twice-exceptionalities
- Understand research describing specific characteristics commonly seen among parents of gifted and twice-exceptional children
- Understand the role of self-awareness for parents of gifted or twice-exceptional children, how this influences parenting practices, and why support is so necessary
- Identify specific expectations and emotions parents of gifted children and twice-exceptional children commonly experience and tools for managing these emotions
- Understand parenting approaches that are effective when raising or working with gifted or twice-exceptional children
Order The Gifted Parenting Journey on Amazon
Accredited by: American Psychological Association
Exam details: 42 multiple choice and true/false questions
The Gifted Parenting Journey
There are no refunds on Continuing Education courses.
SENG is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education courses for psychologists. SENG maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Continuing Education Home Study Courses
Home Study Courses completed at your own pace wil better prepare you to serve the gifted community. This SENG Home Study Course has been developed from leading resources on aspects of giftedness.
NOTE: Books are sold separately. This purchase is for exam grading and credit verification for your independent home study course.
- After you purchase this exam, order the book using the corresponding links in the course descriptions.
- The exam and evaluation form will be sent to you after purchase of the course. You may complete at your convenience, but please allow 7-10 business days for grading & processing.
SENG Members are eligible for a 25% discount for home-study courses. If you need information on how to apply your discount, please email us at office@SENGifted.org. Become a member.
Documentation of CE Credit
- Successful completion of course is achieved by correctly obtaining 80% or higher on exam.
- Individuals who score lower than 80% on the first attempt may retake the exam.
- The documentation of CE Credit will be provided via email. In order to receive credit you must return the completed exam and evaluation form. A printable CE Certificate will be attached to confirmation of passing grade.
Please note that to protect the integrity of the Home Study exams, SENG does not provide corrected answers for submitted exams.
NOTE: Each state has different requirements for licensure. A summary of these requirements can be found in the Handbook of Licensing and Certification Requirements for Psychologists in the United Stated and Canada, which is published by the Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards (ASPPB). For more information visit the ASPPB Website. You can also contact your State’s Board of Psychology for information. For information on co-sponsoring CE Workshops in your area, contact the SENG Office at 844-488-SENG (7364).